Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An open door that no one can shut

Originally from my other personal blog: The Lord is faithful
Posted on March 8, 2013


    Today I found out that I have been officially accepted into the Avance program with Latin America Mission. This is a 14 month missions immersion program in Mexico City where I will live with a host family, work in a local NGO in ministry under the leadership of the local people, and grow with the body of Christ in the Latin Church, while also learning about cross-cultural ministry and how to be the best steward of the gifts God has given me in serving Him through long-term missions.

    I don’t even know where to begin. So many thoughts and emotions. Excited but terrified. Expectant yet completely clueless. Hopeful and humbled that the Lord is allowing me to be a part of his global mission in this way.

    I think back to my life this time three years ago when I was a senior in high school and I am so amazed at how drastically the Lord has moved mountains and changed me. Never could I have imagined that I would be sitting here tonight ready to go where the Lord is sending me- to a place I honestly cannot imagine living in and would never have desired to go to in the first place. But yes, that is often where God calls us. It isn’t cliche, but continual evidence of God’s desire for us to deny ourselves and follow Him. How can you truly deny yourself when you decide to go to a place you already desire to go and would be completely content in regardless of God’s placing you there? The moving of the Holy Spirit should be the marker of our lives, not our own desires and decisions that follow suit. 


“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
 These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” 
- Revelation 3:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment