Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trusting amidst the pain

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
There is so much that I can't see right now, that I can't understand, and that hurts so deeply. According to my emotions, these certainly could not be "light and momentary troubles". Yet according to my faith, every single tear and pain in my heart is undoubtedly worth the glory it will bring my Savior in the end. He died for me, so that I might continue to die to myself. But what life there is in obedience, honor, and trust!

"Pues los sufrimientos ligeros y efímeros que ahora padecemos producen una gloria eterna que vale muchísimo más que todo sufrimiento. Así que no nos fijamos en lo visible sino en lo invisible, ya que lo que se ve es pasajero, mientras que lo que no se ve es eterno." - 2 Corintios 4:17-18
Hay tantas cosas que no puedo ver ahora, que yo no puedo entender, y que duele profundamente. Según mis emociones, estos ciertamente no pueden ser "los sufrimientos ligeros y efímeros". Sin embargo, según mi fe, toda lágrima y dolor en mi corazón es indudablemente digno de la gloria que traerá mi Salvador en el final. Él murió por mí, para que yo pudiera seguir a morir a mí mismo. Pero, que vida existe en la obediencia, el honor y la confianza!

No comments:

Post a Comment