Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 1 Back in Mexico

So many giggles and laughs shared with this beautiful girl today. 
I am so blessed to have her in my host family!
   Well the sun has set on my first day back in Mexico and it has been such a whirlwind of a day today! Oddly enough, there are still a couple of "culture shock" little things to which I am going to have to readjust, such as speaking and hearing Spanish ALL THE TIME (that's kind of a given obviously but my brain is sure reeling right now). In this precise moment I am in this hide-and-seek battle with a couple of mosquitoes that have already managed to infiltrate my bedroom, which is quite a contrast to the cold weather I left behind in Georgia just a few hours ago. The cars outside my window are honking and speeding by just as ruthless as always, but tonight as I'm listening to all the bustle and hustle of the city sounds again, I am ever more grateful for the endless opportunities to work for the Lord and His Kingdom that await me in this busy place. I know I only have two and a half more months here, but I think that makes me even more determined to give it my all and make this the most transformational two and a half months of my life yet! I'm ready to love more deeply, to listen more gracefully, to speak more boldly, to serve others more readily, and to get more lost in the Lord than I have ever been in my life! If it isn't apparent yet, I am going to bed tonight with a great big smile on my face as I just begin to soak up all this love and grace He has poured into my life in this particular season! :D
  

No comments:

Post a Comment