Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 1 Updates and Prayer Requests

    Well, there is so much that I would love to say right now but I only have a few minutes before I need to head to bed. The past 9 days have been incredible being back in Mexico. So much has happened from my visit with my first host family, to meeting my team and going through orientation together, to anxiously waiting for a Mexican family to confirm they would host me for this year! I have gone through so many emotions, but more importantly the Lord is drawing me so much closer to Him through these last few days.
   Some important updates: I ended orientation not knowing if I had a family that would take me in for the year. My directors are housing me for now, and as of this morning I have a confirmed family but won't be moving in until next Saturday as they need time to prepare a room for me. I also found out my ministry placement for the year: I will be working at a safe house for victims of human and sex trafficking. I am so excited to be a part of this ministry in this city and use my degree in a hands-on manner! I will also be helping out at my church in whatever capacity they need. Right now I am being trained in how to lead an inductive bible study and most likely I will use this to begin to disciple one or two young women in our youth group as well.
   Please be in prayer for all of my teammates, two of whom weren't with us this summer and are getting acclimated to the city and this new life. The above picture is my team and here are the links to their blogs if you would like to be in specific prayer for them as well: Erik Hamilton Cole, Amanda Krzywicki, and my fellow Georgia peach Robin Byington. Already we are growing together as a team and I am extremely excited to serve alongside each of these beautiful souls this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment